Remove/Add vs Transfers Between Accounts?

In account A, on 1/2/2018, I purchased 10 lots of stock in various amounts and at various prices. On 5/31/2019, I "Removed" all of these shares, say, totaling 100 (at the total of their respective costs), to Account B, where I "Added" them in a separate transaction/entry.

When I pull up a history of Account A, it shows the detail of each of the 10 lots at their various prices prior to 5/31/2019, when I look at a history of Account B post-5/31/2019, it only shows the 1 "Add" on 5/31/2109 of the total of the 10 lots "Removed" from Account A, at the average of the costs of the 10 lots purchased in Account A.

Why does Account B only show 1 transaction for the total lots (at the total of their costs) as opposed to the separate detail of the 10 lots, and if possible, what do I have to do to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeffrey Kirk
    Jeffrey Kirk Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Tom. I suppose I thought Quicken was some kind of wizard and would see the opposite transactions as offsetting each other.
    Anyway, if I reverse and delete the last transaction (i.e., the "Add" to Account B), and then the first (i. e., the "Remove" from Account A), and then enter one "Shares Transferred Between Accounts" transaction (from A to B, obviously), will this accomplish what I want?
    Thanks again.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should work.  Make a backup before making any entries.
  • Jeffrey Kirk
    Jeffrey Kirk Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks again, Tom.
This discussion has been closed.