Next bank reconciliation has a different beginning balance

Options
Mark256
Mark256 Member ✭✭
The starting balance for the next consecutive month I am trying to reconcile has a different amount than prior month. How can I correct the beginning balance?

Best Answer

• Mark256
    Mark256 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well that was a relief. I did a search for the exact number by which I was off. I found that a credit card bill back in 2018 had been deleted (don't know how or why). I entered it and put an "R" next to it. Now my bank rec balances

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you reconciled the previous month and now see a different beginning balance, I suspect an entry sneaked into the prior month. Search for an entry that has 'c' or uncleared status in the register.
  • Mark256
    Mark256 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for answering. No, in the "clr" column they are all "R" in the prior month. Is there a way to unreconcile the prior month and just do it over?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You have two options, you can restore from a backup prior to the reconciliation, or you can select any "R" with the mouse and change to "c". You will need to decide which is the easier option.
  • Mark256
    Mark256 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So I would just put "c" in the prior month and then redo the reconciliation for that earlier month?
  • Mark256
    Mark256 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well that was a relief. I did a search for the exact number by which I was off. I found that a credit card bill back in 2018 had been deleted (don't know how or why). I entered it and put an "R" next to it. Now my bank rec balances
This discussion has been closed.