Transactions from PC Financials download as a credit when previously expenses were a debit

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Trouble With downloading Presidents Choice Financial Mastercard.

Comments

• Juan
    Juan Member ✭✭
    For PC Financials, I download the transactions downloading the file from their website. Quicken recognizes previously downloaded transactions and only updates new ones. A few weeks ago Quicken started downloading transactions as a credit (inflow) when previously expenses were a debit (outflow). Is this something I can fix as part of the setting in Quicken?
  • Juan
    Juan Member ✭✭
    I logged in to PC Financial and sent them a message indicating I would stop using the card if this doesn't get fixed. I need to keep track of my expenses
  • Juan
    Juan Member ✭✭
    Quicken Starter Version 5.15.3 (Build 515.33035.100). This is for Mac
  • JT Ison
    JT Ison Member ✭✭
    I have also reminded PC Financial of this issue.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-added-quicken

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's contractual obligation to notify their Account Manager at Intuit Inc. of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review and change their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• Crusty Old Guy
    Crusty Old Guy Canada Beta Beta
    I also have the problem with the QFX file from PCF being reversed. I have documented QFX files going back to 02-18. The problem seemed to correct itself around 04-16, broke again on 04-19. After that it was corrected, as I stopped tracking.
    It broke again on 06-12 (first date I got a bad QFX file).
    The actual dollar amount <TRNAMT> in the QFX file is reversed. It's that simple. Sample QFX files I have from before and after the problem show the difference.
    Tests I ran by reversing the amount in the QFX file show the problem is resolved if the amount is reversed.
  • Crusty Old Guy
    Crusty Old Guy Canada Beta Beta
    Just downloaded transactions this morning...appears to be fixed...will wait and see.
This discussion has been closed.