Why do I have to re-enter payees after downloading cleared check?

When I create and print a check transaction the check is saved as expected with check number and payee: #1234 ..."John Doe". When the check clears the bank and is synced the payee name is lost and replaced with "Check #1234". How do I prevent this from happening so I don't have to re-enter all the payee names again?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    In Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services > Downloaded Transactions, try unchecking the option "Automatically improve the quality of downloaded payee...names"

Also, in Window > Payees > Renaming Rules, make sure you don't have any renaming rules that might be causing this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Charles267
    Charles267 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the idea. Since this is a change to Preferences I assume it would be a global change. I'm happy with the way most transactions are downloaded. Only these checks are a problem. I just used the View / Show Inspector option and I can see that the "Check 1234" is being fed from the bank as Statement Payee. I wonder what the effect of the global change will be to other transaction types.
This discussion has been closed.