Quicken 2017 to subscription Mac to Windows subscription help

We wanted to go back to a Windows laptop from MacBook and as well as I could follow I had to do the following

Quicken 2017 Mac updated to Mac 2020 subscription on MacBook successfully with Web sync running

New Windows PC purchased, installed Windows 2020 version on new PC

Open Mac2020 and export Windows file to usb stick

USB stick in Windows PC
Open Quicken 2020 and log in
File is not readable...is there something I am doing wrong?

Best Answers

• ratyszka
    ratyszka Member
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your help I went ahead and upgraded the version to Deluxe on Mac, and did Windows QXF export to USB No problems
    I then upgraded the Windows version to Deluxe.
    Copy file from usb to Windows desktop......It does the same thing the Windows Quicken cannot see the QXF or backup files....
    I am up to 2 versions Basic and deluxe and only Mac is working the Windows version makes me log in and won’t recognize any files from backup

Answers

• ratyszka
    ratyszka Member
    By the way the Quicken subscription version is the Starter edition
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S.S. Another person suggested a way around the fact that Quicken Starter doesn't support this import is to buy a Deluxe subscription and connect it to a different Quicken Id (as so not to mess with your current one). Do the conversion, and then ask for your money back under the 30 day refund period:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ratyszka
    ratyszka Member
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your help I went ahead and upgraded the version to Deluxe on Mac, and did Windows QXF export to USB No problems
    I then upgraded the Windows version to Deluxe.
    Copy file from usb to Windows desktop......It does the same thing the Windows Quicken cannot see the QXF or backup files....
    I am up to 2 versions Basic and deluxe and only Mac is working the Windows version makes me log in and won’t recognize any files from backup
  • ratyszka
    ratyszka Member
    Problem solved, the above worked, I waited few hours and did all the steps and worked perfectly only 5 errors that had no impact on what we used....Thanks
This discussion has been closed.