Why did I lose all my previous Quicken accounts and had to setup quicken from scatch. lost 30 years

After updating to most recent Quicken release and it restarted, It had lost all my accounts and there was no way to access the backup to use for the new update. I had to rebuild all my Quicken accounts from scratch there fore lossing all of my data for the pass 30 years. What a waste needless to say I'm really upset with Quicken and looking for a better product. Only forgiveness would to be able to regain all lost accounts.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the 30 years you have used Quicken, you surely have been making backups. You have not provided any information as to why you cannot open your data file(s). If you provide some specifics to your issue, someone should be able to get your data back.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Your data is likely still there and recoverable. As Geoff asked, please provide as much detail as possible as to what happened when you started using the new Quicken. Which version of Quicken Mac did you update to and which were you using before this?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.