My Online billpay list has disappeared in relation to all bank accounts not just Wells Fargo.

Is Quicken doing this to force its customers to purchase its
customers to purchase its new Money Manager?

Best Answer

• tlw1938
    tlw1938 Member
    Answer ✓
    While waiting I found a Technician in my bank and we were able to correct the problem. Best guess is that the problem was caused by a corrupted download from my bank. Anyway problem is now solved, Thank You for your help.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @tlw193

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Could you further explain the issue? I believe you're talking about the bill pay option but I'm not entirely sure. Also do you know which version of quicken you're using? If not can you go across the top to help -> About quicken. Here you should see which version you have. 

Also it sounds like you might be using bank bill pay vs quicken bill pay but I'm unsure. Do you know if with your Wells Fargo you're using Direct connect or Express web connect? If not can you go across the top to Tools -> account list Find the account and it should have it listed to the right of the account name.

Once you get a chance please let me know!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• tlw1938
    tlw1938 Member
    I am using Quicken Premier 2020, ver. R25.21; build: 27.1.25.21. I have been using Online Bill pay for years through my bank. Under the Tools menu heading there is an entry "Online Payee List" which I could click on and select various payees to send payments. Within the last two months that entry, "Online Payee List",has been lighted out so that No payees can be selected or even shown. Normally whenever I selected a payee an entry would appear in my check register with the word "Onln" in the drop down box for the "check number" . Now if I select a memorized Onln payee the word "print" appears instead. Further no check appears in the online center to be transmitted to my bank.

In addition if I click on "write and print checks" the fill in box no longer has a small check box to indicate an online payment. I am using "Direct Connect" with my bank. By the way I am not using Wells Fargo - another user complained about the same issue with them.
    My bank tells me this is a change made by Quicken not my bank.
    Also I am not using nor have I ever signed up for or used "Quicken Bill Pay".
  • Quicken Francisco
    @tlw1938

Thank you for the information! Which bank would be the one you normally pay bills out of? Could you go to that account right click on the account name and select edit/delete account. From there at the top can you click on the online services tab and get a screenshot of it for me? I just want to make sure that it's on the correct settings. 
    The Page will look like the one listed below

When you get a chance to respond we'll see what the next step we need to take is.

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco
  • tlw1938
    tlw1938 Member
    Here is the screen shot titled Account 2 in JPEG format
  • Quicken Francisco
    @tlw1938

Thank you! When you click on the button that says set up now in the bottom box does it do anything? Does it give any error message or say connected? This would be why we're having the issue since it's not connected but I'm wondering if we need to deactivate and reactive the account potentially as well. Before we try that though let me know what happens if you do click set up now.

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco
  • tlw1938
    tlw1938 Member
    "Set up Now" activates "Quicken Bill Pay" which I have never signed for and never used. Quicken Bill Pay is going away on August 31 and is being replaced by Quicken Money Management, a service for a fee.
    I have been using "Online Bill Pay" for years. That is what my complaint is as it has gone away.
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited April 2020
    @tlw1938

Sorry for the late response. Thank you for clarifying what happens. The next thing that I would recommend to try is to try deactivating and reactivating the account. After doing so you can double check to see if it has the correct option listed.

Before you deactivate I would recommend saving a backup as well. One other thing to note is that PNC Direct Connect does require a pin that was mailed to you previously. If you do not have it I believe you would need to call support and have them mail another one to you.

If deactivating and reactivating does not work please contact us directly to further look into the issue. 

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

8:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

8:00 am to 5:00pm PDT

• tlw1938
    tlw1938 Member
    Answer ✓
    While waiting I found a Technician in my bank and we were able to correct the problem. Best guess is that the problem was caused by a corrupted download from my bank. Anyway problem is now solved, Thank You for your help.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @tlw1938

Awesome to hear we you were able to get it fixed! I do hope you have a great rest of your day!

-Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.