Brokerage account is not available with Bill Manager but I am able to use it with Quicken Bill Pay

This discussion was created from comments split from: new Quicken Bill Pay Manager limit on payments.

Comments

• MikeP
    MikeP Member ✭✭✭
    Preparing for the conversion, I attempted to set up my accounts in Quicken Mac for the new Bill Manager. I noticed right away that my brokerage account is not available even though I am able to use it to pay bills through Bill Pay. Does Quicken plan to add this functionality?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MikeP

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

At this time brokerage accounts are not available to use with Quicken Bill Manager, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We do hope to add additional functionality, including the option to select different account types, but do not have an ETA on when this may be available.

Hope this helps.

Sarah
  • MikeP
    MikeP Member ✭✭✭
    For the community, until Quicken fixes this flaw I have managed to create a workaround. I set up a dummy checking account in Quicken and named it “Brokerage Bill Pay.” I then set up this account for Quick Pay and Check Pay. It’s not elegant, but it works. The major drawback is that I have to manually enter a cash transaction in the account to offset each bill bay transaction to zero the balance. Otherwise, the account shows as a negative balance.

Hopefully Quicken will fix the issue soon.
  • nwikner
    nwikner Member ✭✭
    I was going to ask this same question. I have a Fidelity brokerage account with check-writing privileges. It has routing and account numbers. I use it to pay large bills, like taxes via ACH transfers. Quicken currently does not allow me to set up this account for Quick Pay or Check Pay. I add my vote for Quicken to enable this. Meanwhile I may adopt MikeP's solution, above.
This discussion has been closed.