Retirement account activity showing up in _RlzdGain category and as suggested budget income

Options
Ricky@
Ricky@ Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in Investing (Windows)
At the beginning of the year I re-balanced the asset class in some retirement accounts (IRA, 457, 403b, 401a). These sales transactions are showing up in the _RlzdGain category and are showing up as suggested income in my budget (that is where I first noticed them). These same retirement transactions are showing up in the income/spending reports for the same period if I click on the retirement accounts, which I wouldn't do if I wanted to see my real income available for spending. When I do a category report on _RlzdGain I see all the transaction sales in the retirement accounts. When I do a search using the recategorization tool on the _RlzdGain category the transactions are showing up.

The main thing is I don't want is these retirement account transactions appearing as income or suggested income in my budget reports. I mean, why should they be there, they are retirement account income and not (yet) available for spending?

My question is, is the above behavior normal for the program concerning the _RlzdGain category and retirement accounts and suggested budget income?

Best Answer

• Ricky@
    Ricky@ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I see now that there is a select accounts option in the budget actions drop down. I just have to un-check the retirement accounts. Sorry for the bother. I wish there was a way to delete this question.

Answers

• Ricky@
    Ricky@ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I see now that there is a select accounts option in the budget actions drop down. I just have to un-check the retirement accounts. Sorry for the bother. I wish there was a way to delete this question.
  • JEThom
    JEThom Member ✭✭
    Options
    I found this helpful. You can do the same thing with categorized report generation.