Errors on downloading Quicken update

For the past week trying to install a Quicken update I get the following error:
The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w3414\base\BsSndRpt.exe' because it is being used by another process.

This happens no matter whether I try to install the update immediately on launching Quicken, or as part of the one-step update.

Is this a known issue?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are you running any kind of Backup software that runs in the background and tries to send any new or recently updated files to the backup destination? MS OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.?
    If so, try to pause this process until after the installation process is done.
    Or download and install the Mondo Patch file appropriate to your Quicken version from

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• CharronMcLeod
    CharronMcLeod Member ✭✭
    The first suggestions of stopping synching did not work. I still got the file locked error as before. The download and install were successful though. Thank you for your assistance - much appreciated!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    In another post a user stated that he/she solved this "file in use by another process" problem by rebooting Windows into Safe Mode with Networking and then running the Quicken Update process.
This discussion has been closed.