Information not transferring between two computers

I recently bought Quicken to be used between two computers (while I am at the office and while I get back home). I have noticed that my renaming rules and bills are not transferring. Am I supposed to export all the info each time I change computers or is this supposed to be done on the cloud?

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The correct method to use Quicken between two computers is to use backup/restore. If you plan on doing this on a regular basis, adding the backup and restore icons to the toolbar makes this process a snap.
    Do not assume that Quicken can be used like any network addressable file. You will invite data corruption that can go undetected for months.
  • Thank you sir.
  • One more question. I know with the Corona virus, Quicken says access to banking info is slow. But some of my credit card info hasn't uploaded since Monday (even though I am updating daily). Thoughts?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I continue to have issues with my main CC updating. What works form me is to use the ⚙️ > Update Now  from the problem register. I've successfully updated at 9PM on two occasions and it worked this morning even though OSU does not update this one account.
  • Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.