Tax planner does not show scheduled transaction and button is grayed out

Scheduled bill selection button is grayed out and no scheduled transaction are shown in the window. What can I do to get the planner corrected?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @sstatz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this! 

Could you please provide which version release of Quicken you are running?

As for your issue, would you mind attaching a screenshot so I can take a look at what exactly it is that you are dealing with? If you are willing to do so and are unable to attach one-- you can also try dragging and dropping the image to your response. Doing it that way will create a link that we can click on to view the image within the web browser instead.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Tax Planner will only show that button as active if there is an active Bill or Income Reminder with a category that has a tax line listed in the section of the Tax Planner you are referencing.

To correct it, create a Reminder with an appropriate category and tax line assignment for the section of the Tax Planner in which you want it to appear.  In the Details section of the planner, click the link, View tax form line items used here, to see which tax lines are used to populate the transactions in that particular input box.
  • sstatz
    sstatz Member ✭✭
    All of the correction recommendation were there, and correct, but no future payments are shown even though they are scheduled.
  • sstatz
    sstatz Member ✭✭
    For Quicken Anja, I cannot reply directly to your email as it is a do not reply address
  • sstatz
    sstatz Member ✭✭
    Screen shot attached
  • markus1957
    edited April 2020
    Scheduled transactions would be shown in red font.  There are none shown in your screen shot.

If you do have scheduled transactions that you expect to show up in the SSI section, the categories listed in the reminders do not have a tax line associated that appears in that section.

Adding- if your reminder shows the same splits with the same categories as the actual transaction, it will show up in tax planner.

Adding- You likely have chosen a category for your reminder that has the non-taxable social security tax line assigned to it.
  • sstatz
    sstatz Member ✭✭
    Tax category assigned Form 1040 Social Security income
  • markus1957
    Assuming you have ;self and ;spouse appended to that tax line or that is your issue?

You could try starting a new data file and add a reminder to see if it shows up there.  If it does, that indicates an issue with your data file. 

You could also create a new reminder in your existing file to test for a glitchy reminder that needs to be deleted and re-added.  The only other cause in a normally operating file would be a start date in 2021 or later.

No other reports of this issue and the fact that it operates correctly in my file points to something in your data file.  Have you run the validate/super-validate routines?
  • sstatz
    sstatz Member ✭✭
    I agree it looks like a problem in the data file. As I examined it, I discovered ALL scheduled tax related items do not appear for future dates. All items already recorded, show. No future income or deposits or estimated tax payments. I have run the validation but no help. How do I super-validate? I am using windows in parallels on an iMac. I had no problems until this year.
  • markus1957
    Hold Ctrl + Shift when clicking Validate.  The other option would be to delete all reminders, close/open Quicken to clear out that table. Then re-enter the reminders.
  • sstatz
    sstatz Member ✭✭
    super validate found one schedule reminder invalid and removed it. Reran super v and had same error. Not fixed yet giving up for now, will enter future deposits and taxes manually.
  • sstatz
    sstatz Member ✭✭
    Copy file worked! Thank you! Now how do I get it to estimate the future Dow Jones? :-)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sstatz said:
    Copy file worked! Thank you! Now how do I get it to estimate the future Dow Jones? :-)

Oops! :blush:

• sstatz
    sstatz Member ✭✭
    No Luck?
This discussion has been closed.