I need to just start over

I bought Quicken Business RPM to stay on top of my consulting gig and our single rental property, but I realized along the way that I had not set things up properly. However I was muddling along alright until I got to a recent software update which somehow has thrown all my invoicing off. I think I'll be better off at this point just restarting with a clean version of the software and setting up the business and rental books before I download anything. How can I do that? Our household checking was also double booking transactions early on, probably a user error, but I think the same solution will apply.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The data is not kept in the program but in a separate data file.  Just start a new file.  Go up to FILE-NEW QUICKEN FILE.  Be sure to name it different than the first file.  Then you will still have the old file to look up things.  Maybe first rename the old file to OLD data or something.  FILE - SAVE AS.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• cwickenden
    cwickenden Member
    Great - thank you! I've been printing things out as notes and pointers. This will make the process less painful. I will let you know how I fare . . .
This discussion has been closed.