How do I delete duplicate investment transactions downloaded from Morgan Stanley

Options
I updated my online Quicken ID code on a secondary investment account that had used another email address prior to upgrading from 2017 version to current. The subsequent download included 755 transactions dating back to Oct-18; all but a handful of those had already been downloaded and reconciled. I tried the uninstall then QCleanUI.exe, restored a file before the 755 transaction download and proceeded with the One Step update. All those same duplicate transactions were again downloaded along with handful of ones that are new. I'd like to avoid having to delete over 750 duplicates. Please advise. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I assume the new duplicates are marked Cleared, while the original transactions are marked Reconciled.
    One thing you can do is run a Banking Transaction report and restrict it to the one account. Further customize it on the Advanced tab to show Newly Cleared transactions only. Then you can perform a multiple selection, right-click, and delete all the duplicates at once.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I assume the new duplicates are marked Cleared, while the original transactions are marked Reconciled.
    One thing you can do is run a Banking Transaction report and restrict it to the one account. Further customize it on the Advanced tab to show Newly Cleared transactions only. Then you can perform a multiple selection, right-click, and delete all the duplicates at once.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.