Do i need to cut out old transactions?

Options
pultz
pultz Member ✭✭
Q has been acting up. I download credit card transactions and it takes forever to add categories and to save. I also takes forever to move between accounts. And at times Q just freezes up.

Chat w/ Q today said i needed to have fewer transactions in my data file. for example one credit card goes back to 2010 and has 10K transactions. once before Q help directed me to start a new data file with transactions starting maybe 3 years ago. But i read in Community advice not to start new data file w/ fewer transactions, for to do so would limit my ability to make year to year comparisons of expenses, etc.

what's the best solutions?

I use Q W deluxe subscription R62.15 27.1.26.15 on a MacBook Pro via VM fusion.

Answers

• pultz
    pultz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also one step update is very slow and my key bank doesn't update at all
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • pultz
    pultz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks.

path is c:\user\pultz\desktop or c:\user\pultz\documents. i'm not using OneDrive, Dropbox, orGoogle back up for Q. I looked in Window Defender but can't find answer to your question. (I only use Windows on the Macbook for Q.)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much RAM have you assigned to the VM?
    Windows 10 + Quicken 2020 should be given at least 8GB RAM or your performance will suffer horribly due to excessive page I/O to your C:-drive
This discussion has been closed.