Cannot use keyboard to set fixed dollar amounts in Bills & Reminders..no pennies

When trying to set fixed dollar amounts in Bills & Reminders the keyboard wipes out the entry when trying to enter the pennies amount. For instance, if trying to enter $100.25 after the "2" is typed the entire amount, $100.2 becomes highlighted and then after typing the "5" only the 5 appears in the window. Damn freakin frustrating. The workaround is using the virtual number pad but come on..let's get this fixed!

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that in my Q 2020 R 26.17
    Changing an existing reminder to Fixed Amount and typing the amount causes the above problem. Typing 100.2 results in the display changing to 100.20 and then blanking out when you type the next digit.
    Workaround: Click the mini-calculator icon, type the number in the calculator and click or press Enter.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @guybyny

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

At this time, I have been unable to successfully recreate this issue.

I am able to enter the cents using the keyboard, I have tried typing "100.2" and lingering and I do not see a change.

To better help me to recreate this issue, was the bill set up to use the estimate prior? 

Are you able to recreate this issue by changing any bill or just the one?

Is this bill linked to an online biller by chance?

Is this reminder set to auto-enter into the register? If so, how many days?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @guybyny

Thank you for your response and for providing additional details.

I have still been unable to recreate this, I have tried to edit the reminder from multiple locations.

I have used an old reminder, a new reminder as well as a new file.

May I ask that you validate the file and see if you are still able to recreate this issue after doing so?

File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm puzzled.
    I can make it show when editing a reminder (new or existing) and changing from fixed to estimate and back to fixed, then clicking on the amount and starting to type (I can't tab from "Fixed amount" to the amount field. The cursor jumps to OK instead).
    Sometimes it works, and then I change once more from fixed to estimate and back to fixed and now the numeric entry doesn't work as it should ...
    Oh, how I wish I could see the source code of this dialog.

This discussion has been closed.