But I don't WANT to print checks!

Quicken Home Business and Rental Property, Version R26.17 Windows 10.

I've been using Home and Business in various iterations for years. I NEVER want to print checks and have never set it up to print checks. Now, all of a sudden I'm warned that I have a check that needs to print. For a cash withdrawal from a Savings Account. I can't seem to find a setting that will cancel the check printing process. There was a recent update that I installed a few days ago, but this is the first issue I've had since then.

I just want to set Quicken up so that it doesn't print checks.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Allow me to point out that Checking accounts have a Check # column which is the one where "Print" can be found.
    All other account types, Savings, Cash, etc. use a Reference # column instead. This column is not usually shown in these types of account registers, but it can easily be added by clicking the Columns gear icon in the register and selecting it in the popup column names menu.
    And that column is where you'll find "Print" in these account types.
    Just blank out the word "Print" and save the transaction again.
    As was pointed out, it's possible that a memorized transaction was reused which is now incorrectly set to print a check. Edit this memorized transaction in the Memorized Payee List and make sure the Type of transaction = Payment or Deposit, not Print Check. Save it. Next time you reuse the same payee name for a transfer it should work properly.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Allow me to point out that Checking accounts have a Check # column which is the one where "Print" can be found.
    All other account types, Savings, Cash, etc. use a Reference # column instead. This column is not usually shown in these types of account registers, but it can easily be added by clicking the Columns gear icon in the register and selecting it in the popup column names menu.
    And that column is where you'll find "Print" in these account types.
    Just blank out the word "Print" and save the transaction again.
    As was pointed out, it's possible that a memorized transaction was reused which is now incorrectly set to print a check. Edit this memorized transaction in the Memorized Payee List and make sure the Type of transaction = Payment or Deposit, not Print Check. Save it. Next time you reuse the same payee name for a transfer it should work properly.
  • warrior177
    warrior177 Member ✭✭
    :) UKR: Thank you.
    I actually just printed the "check" to a blank sheet. That resolved the issue for that instance. Maybe it'll never come up again, and I have no way of knowing why it came up this time.
    Your answer at least gave me an explanation of how to address the problem in the Reference # column. I did not have that column displayed. I may add it to the Register.

Thanks to all who replied to my question!
This discussion has been closed.