Quicken 5.15.3, MacOS 10.15.3

I have a mutual fund that has had a conversion (actually more than one). How do I handle this conversion so the share balance is accurate? Thanks!

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Virginia10,

We are going to need some more details to try and help you.  What type of "conversions" are you trying to record in Quicken?  What type(s) of accounts were involved in these "conversions" (taxable/nontaxable). Whatever additional "general" information you can provide will be helpful.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Virginia10
    Virginia10 Member ✭✭
    Hi Frankx,
    Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to load historical data into Quicken for 2 mutual funds I have owned for a long time. Back in 2005 (!) AIM Core Stock Fund was reorganized into AIM Diversified Dividend Fund. How do I record this in Quicken? Thanks!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi @Virginia10,

Thanks for the additional information.

I did a search and found this thread from back in August 2005 that appears to cover the reorganization you are looking to record in Quicken.  There are 3 postings in this thread - please focus on the middle post as that mentions the funds that you reference in your post and the user outlines the specific steps that were successful in recording the transaction.  This should work for you - but make sure you do a backup prior to entering any transactions, since this is an unusual transaction and you should have a fall-back option if it doesn't go as planned

Here's the thread https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/17107918#Comment_17107918

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Good luck!

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Virginia10
    Virginia10 Member ✭✭
    Hi Frankx,

Thanks for your reply. I assume (?) this has to be listed as a "Brokerage" account, correct?

How do I enter a new security? I don't see any options to do so...

thanks!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Virginia10,

Yes, in Quicken, mutual funds are held in brokerage accounts.  I use Windows, so it may be a little different in the Mac environment, but you just click on "Enter transactions" first , then do a "Buy - Shares Bought" transaction, where the "security name" is the name of the "mutual fund", then you enter the number of shares and the price paid.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.