Quicken Mobile & Web Sync Modifying, Deleting, and Duplicating Transactions

Options
After upgrading from Quicken 2017 Home & Business to Quicken 2020 (R26.17) on May 1st, Mobile & Web Sync is modifying, deleting, and duplicating transactions as far back as 2017 on multiple accounts. For example, I exported both a non-modified backup and a copy of the transactions after the Mobile & Web Sync does its damage. The valid, unmodified, reconciled data that was migrated from 2017 contains 1012 transactions, the Quicken 2020 data after Mobile & Web Sync is setup only has 1004 transactions with the earliest changes being noticed on 01/26/2018. Why 8 of these cleared and reconciled transactions randomly being deleted? My checking account has transactions duplicating as far back as 07/14/2017 with a difference of more than 13 missing transactions as this total also includes duplicates. This functionality worked without issue on Quicken 2017 and after being forced to pay for a subscription, this is not what I expect from a product I've used since 2005.

Quicken for Windows User Since 2005, IT Support Professional with 18 years of experience.

Comments

• jordan.jacob
    jordan.jacob Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I should also add that I've also restored a proper backup to a new file and synced with the same issues as well as used the "Reset your cloud data" multiple times but the issue keeps coming back! :(

Quicken for Windows User Since 2005, IT Support Professional with 18 years of experience.

• jordan.jacob
    jordan.jacob Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I spent nearly 3 hours on the phone with a supervisor and thought we had it fixed. 20 minutes later, my balances were all out of whack from transactions being modified again. I'm sick of this program already and it's only been 4 full days since upgrading. This is worse than Windows ME or Vista in my opinion.

• ymzbills
    ymzbills Member
    Options
    It appears I also have the same issue and Quicken phone support was unable to help, even after some super fix process. I also had to restore from a backup as various transactions were deleted, for me 994 transactions on just 1 account were gone, most since Feb 2019 as there was no transactions between Feb 15 2019 and April 1 2020. Other accounts (the ones synced with the cloud) had similar issues.
  • jordan.jacob
    jordan.jacob Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I would recommend that Quicken take a particular note regarding this issue. I'm involved in a post over on Reddit where multiple people including myself are beginning to notice that Mobile & Web Sync is the culprit to their data getting messed up horribly.