I'm using the Deluxe for Mac. My investment downloads from Schwab are include errors.

My Schwab downloads include phantom shares in one brokerage account. It has happened three time since early March. The first two times it self-corrected, but the third time, on March 19, it didn't correct. I can't figure out how to manually adjust my share balance, and successive downloads have not corrected the error. Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You didn't mention Schwab sending erroneous transaction-only "phantom shares." Are these getting added/removed as part of a placeholder transaction at the beginning of the register? (They are in light gray.) Please post back.
  • Thanks for the response John. I really appreciate it.

Quicken has suddenly added in a security to my brokerage account that I haven't owned for about six years, and has also added shares of a security that I do own, but it has been increased the number of those shares by a factor of approximately 5. It is asking me to add in the basis for these shares, which of course doesn't exist.

Since the transaction listing only includes cash transactions, I can't delete the additions. I also don't seem to be able to adjust my share balances, as I could in Windows versions of Quicken.

I monitor my records at Schwab, and they are correct.
This discussion has been closed.