Delete all unused, previously synced Quicken cloud data?

If you decide to NOT sync to the cloud, after giving a test drive, is there a way to *completely* delete any previosuly synced data in Quicken's cloud? From a data security statndpoint, I am not a fan of having unused personal financial data hanging around in the cloud waiting for a breach to happen, however 'unlikely' that probability is... I cannot seem to find any (valid) up-to-date instructions on how to do so. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @Dechief5

I checked if there were any cloud accounts showing on our end, and I can confirm that they're non showing. Everything looks good on our side. Let us know if you run into anything else! 

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @Dechief5

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. There are ways to make sure your cloud data is deleted if you're looking to make sure. If you go across the top to edit -> preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud accounts. Here you should bee a small blue link saying Cloud accounts associated to quicken (x) Clicking here will then give you the option to select and delete accounts. 

If you do not have the option listed then you should have no accounts on the cloud.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Dechief5
    Dechief5 Member ✭✭
    OK, thanks - to be direct (and this is where I don't get warm fuzzies) - can you definitively confirm that if I turn off cloud syncing, my data previously stored there is *absolutely* deleted (and not just rendered inaccessible by 'normal' methods)?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @Dechief5

I checked if there were any cloud accounts showing on our end, and I can confirm that they're non showing. Everything looks good on our side. Let us know if you run into anything else! 

Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.