"Close" accounts freezes the screen, have to ctl-alt-del to get out

Options
Win 10, Quicken 2020 ver. R26.17, Build 27.1.26.17. I am trying to close accounts (none of them use auto download or anything else). Tried accessing by selecting the account from the list on the right side, and also from Account List on menu bar. Same problem either way. Choose "edit" account and close it, type "yes" to confirm and screen comes back to the popup window for editing account, let's me "x" out to close it, but the main screen in the background remains darkened and beeps when you click like there's another window open in the background. But there isn't anything else open. Only way out is ctr-alt-del. When I reopen, the account is closed, but hate to risk damaging my data by ctr-alt-del each time I close an account. Anybody seen this or found a fix ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @bobdarlacook

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue.  Have you had any other issues with quicken freezing before this or is this the first time? Has it only been on this on your current patch? That is quite odd. I would recommend taking a look at this article here and trying the steps provided to see if we're able to get it to behave better. 

Please try this out and let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• bobdarlacook
    bobdarlacook Member
    Options
    Francisco, I've never tried to close acounts before, so I can't say if it ever worked before. I followed the steps in the article and validated the file, etc. It still does the same thing. I created a separate file and created and closed a single account without issue. So there is something wrong with my data ? What else can I try ? Thanks. Bob
This discussion has been closed.