MiscExp postings in Investment accounts posting in wrong account

Options
I discovered that MiscExp transactions that I had posted recently posted correctly in the account I entered it in, however they also erroneously posted in other investment accounts. I had to delete the erroneous transactions, however not sure if there are other erroneous transactions that I haven't yet discovered.
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @doneenh1,

Can you give us a little more information, so we can better understand your problem?

First, can you please add your Quicken information as well as operating system and Build information to your Posts for the Windows 10 and Mac Operating Systems?

Use This Format:
    Quicken [Year] Quicken [Edition] 
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 18965.1005 taken from winver.
    To find this info: [Right-click Windows Start and click run type in winver and click OK] and Include whether it is USA or Canadian Quicken program.

Windows Example:
                                                        Mac Example:
    10 Pro 32-Bit Build 18362.295                                     Quicken 2016 3.5.2
    Quicken 2019 Home & Business R21.16                     OS X v.10.11
    USA

Also - when you refer to "MiscExp" transactions, are these manual entries you are making or entries that are downloaded, or both?  Which types of "Investment accounts" are involved?  For example are these 401k or other retirement plans?
    Also, is there an "X" at the end of the category - such as "MiscExpX"?

Get back to us and we'll see if we can help.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• doneenh1
    doneenh1 Member
    Options
    Quicken 2020 Premier R26.23 Build 27.1.26.23 US
    Windows 10 Version 1903 Build 18362.778

The MiscExp transaction was manually entered into the investment account through the popup window that appears when selecting MiscExp. These are not retirement accounts, just regular investment account. There is not an "X" at the end of the transaction action. It is MiscExp
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @doneenh1,

Thank you for the information.  So this is a manual entry made to one investment account that is replicating itself in other investment accounts.  I would also assume (but tell me if I am wrong) that this is not a recurring entry that you have set-up in Quicken AND that the amount of the original manual entry and the amount of the replicated entry are the same.  Are the other affected accounts related in any way with the account in which you made the original manual entry?

Do you download data for the accounts in question - both the account in which the original manual entry was made and the other accounts where a similar entry was discovered?

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.