Remember Autopay Day after I reconcile

I have 5 credit cards that I reconcile every month. Each credit card is setup with the credit companies to deduct the full amount on their set day. Each time I reconcile each credit card, it offers to put an entry in the registry for the full payment. However, that date is always today. So I adjust it; Discover is always 6th of the month, Target Red card is always 17th of the month. Is there a way for Quicken to remember what the autopay date is?

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you choose the option to pay your credit card immediately after Reconcile, then you're creating a one-time transaction and the answer is "No". Sorry.
    I find it best to set up a Scheduled Reminder to pay may credit card bills on Due Date, regardless of and independent of whether I have reconciled the account statement or not. Actually, since I always pay the full amount due, I have authorized the credit card company to automatically debit my checking account on Due Date. So, when my card statement arrives, I execute that Scheduled Reminder, then sit back and relax. Haven't missed a payment in many years.
  • MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    >Actually, since I always pay the full amount due, I have authorized the credit card company to automatically debit my checking account on Due Date. So, when my card statement arrives, I execute that Scheduled Reminder, then sit back and relax. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

Me too! Haven't missed a payment ever (going on 26 years).

I would still like to reconcile those transactions in Quicken though.

Your idea of using a Scheduled Reminder could work. How do you handle that it is a different amount each month? Do you adjust the amount? Or is there a way for Quicken to know what the amount is?
This discussion has been closed.