May have inadvertently changed a setting and would like to change it back; displaying subcategories

While working in Quicken, I may have inadvertently changed a setting, but not sure which one. As the cursor moves through the transaction register, it appears to behave differently. The change is subtle and make me wonder if I am remembering correctly. Here is what I've noticed:

While scrolling through the register entries, the highlighted line stays highlighted until I click on another entry. I thought the highlighted line usually moved as I scrolled.

Is the highlighted transaction as the cursor moves through the register a setting that can be customized or is it fixed?

Second question unrelated to the above....for categories that have multiple subcategories. To reveal the multiple subcategories, I hover the cursor over the category and the full category and sub-categories will display. Sometimes I easily hit the "sweet spot" to get it to display; other times I move the cursor in tiny, incremental steps to find the spot in which the category and subcategories display. Is there a specific spot to place the cursor to get the full category/subcategory display?

Best Answer

Answers

• Dorothy H
    Dorothy H Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thank you on both questions. Reassured me on the first and taught me something new with the second.

Have you by chance made any YouTube videos about Quicken for Mac? If so, I think I have watched some.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Dorothy H said:
    Have you by chance made any YouTube videos about Quicken for Mac? If so, I think I have watched some.
    Yes, about 7-8 years ago I made several when they released this newer style Quicken. I have made few since as the majority of users have become familiar with the new format. I appreciate your remembering my having made them. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.