How to fix the program from freezing during one-step update, "Refreshing Quicken data"?

During the one-step update, several accounts are supposedly updated, and then the step labeled "Uploading your data" under "Online Service" is activitated, gets to the point of "Processing Data," and then freezes in a loop with the pop-up window "Refreshing Quicken Data." No progress can be made from there, and no updates occur. Running Quicken 2017 subscription.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
  • texcarey
    texcarey Member ✭✭
    R26.23
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    So, not Quicken 2017.

If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7875301/osu-taking-too-long

• texcarey
    texcarey Member ✭✭
    I reviewed that comment. Thanks. In the first section, there was suggestion to see if I was synching to the Cloud. I checked and it was. It did appear to be seizing up on this step. I ended the program, started again, and toggled off the cloud. Then started the OSU. It appears to just now freeze up from the start, rather than complete several accounts as before. Under Uploading data, just shows Processing data and the spinning blue circle. Task Manager says program not responding.
  • texcarey
    texcarey Member ✭✭
    Started Quicken back up, just browsing options, clicked on Validate and Repair, clicked on Validate, which it started to do, and now has frozen there with green bar halfway and Quicken Not Responding message.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Not Responding message simply means Quicken has not responded to an event posted by Windows within a certain amount of time.  This could be normal or an indication of a problem.

The delay while Processing Online Data may indicate there is an issue with data in the associated registers.  If you haven't already, I suggest you perform the Copy and Validate as described in: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • texcarey
    texcarey Member ✭✭
    OK. I will give that a try.
  • texcarey
    texcarey Member ✭✭
    I was able to make a back up copy, then performed the File Operations/Copy step, then performed the File Operations/Validate and Repair step. Text file reads "No Errors" under validating your data. "No read errors." "All internal consistency checks passed." It notes four transactions involving transfers that should be deleted and recreated as appropriate. And a list of several categories that were reassigned from one group to another.
  • texcarey
    texcarey Member ✭✭
    From here, using the same copied and validated file, I have run an OSU. There are only three financial institutions listed now for update, all just showing "Receiving..." and under Online Services, there are three lines. Bottom one is Investing.Quicken.com, showing "Complete." Middle one is Quotes and Investment Information, showing "Waiting..." And the problem child has recurred: Updating your Data, showing "Processing Data," with a pop-up window as before, headed with Quicken (not responding) and "Refreshing Quicken Data" frozen.
  • David Hurlburt
    David Hurlburt Member ✭✭
    My issue is that it gets to "update quotes" after updating about 10 accounts just fine, and then "spins" for about 5 minutes. Eventually it comes out, but for the most part, the application becomes "unresponsive". I tried doing a "validate/repair" on it and it, too, just spins and says in the title bar, "Not Responding"

Is it possible there is a file size issue with the latest update?
This discussion has been closed.