Mixing up 2 accounts at the same bank

Options
When I import my transactions from Bank of America into Quicken it is importing transactions from one of my savings account into the second savings account. I would have thought it was a bank problem but right now my Quicken register balances with my bank. It's when I try to reconcile that it's taking the ending balance from one savings account & making it the ending balance in the other. There will never be a way for me to reconcile this account because there is not a way for me to change the ending balance that is brought in when downloaded. There is very little movement in these accounts so very easy to reconcile. This problem just started Tuesday or Wednesday. This is the craziest thing I have seen to date & not even sure how this is possible. I'm not new to Quicken, have been using for over 10 years.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @mvarnadore

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. 

that is quite odd actually I'm wondering if they might have accidentally flipped. Do they only get each others transactions or do they receive the correct transactions as well? Could you double check to see if the accounts still have the correct account number as well? You can do this by right clicking on the account under the account list and selecting edit/delete account. It will then pop up with the account details screen.  Could you double check to see if the account still have the correct number

Let us know how it goes once you get a chance!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• mvarnadore
    mvarnadore Member ✭✭
    Options
    You are right that is exactly what happened. Both account numbers have flip flopped. How in the world would that happen? I assure you I have not edited either one of the accounts. I will change the account numbers to the correct ones, I should know know if everything is working correctly by Tuesday when all transaction catch up after the weekend. I will keep you posted. Thanks for contacting me.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @mvarnadore

Good to hear we were able to find the issue. Just in case you're unsure how to get the transactions to go into the correct accounts we need to deactivate and reactivate those two specific accounts. I'll link you both articles on how to do so above. This should help us get everything back up and going!

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.