Missing/Corrupt transactions in registers

Each time I close Quicken and re-open, my balances are wrong, there are missing transactions and blanks where other transations should be.
I have used the Validate and Super Validate options on my data file, but this just makes things worse.
How can I recovery my data (currently over 5 years worth), file sive is around 9.5mb, so not huge.
At present, I am unable to use my Quicken.
I am using the latest release of Quicken R27.1.25.18.
I am desperate !
Thank you for any help.
Tagged:

Comments

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    When was the last time everything was working properly?  Do you have a backup file that is from before the trouble started?  What version of Windows are you using?
  • sij
    sij Member
    Hi, Thanks for your quick response.
    The issue has been around quite a while, probably 1 year plus. The file validation has fixed it in the past when it did occurr. The bigger problems started around 6 months ago. At this stage, I would revert to my backup (which I do after every time I make any changed/updates to my data) and take the re-input of the missing days on the chin as it were. But it is now deleting transactions from many months and years - in March, I had to back track to transtions which had dissapered in March 2016. It is unbareable now, but I cannot afford loose my transction history by starting a new register or similar.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You are missing the latest batch of software updates.

Let's start with some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• sij
    sij Member
    Followed the steps above - looking good so far - will monitor over the next couple of das. Thank you.
  • sij
    sij Member
    Broken again. Followed all the steps listed above, entered the missing transactions, backed up (as I allways do now) and closed Quicken. Just opened now, 2 hours later, and there are transations missing again, some blank rows, incorrect register balances.
    Restored from my backup and the data has recovered this time ( quite often get "this needs quicken 2010 to open- please install).
    What else can I try?
    Thank you.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please provide more details about your Quicken data file.

Is any cloud backup software (Dropbox, MS OneDrive, etc.) actively accessing your Quicken data file while Quicken is running?

What is the complete file name of your Quicken data file  (e.g. C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\QDATA.QDF)?
    Please note that your data file must be located on an internal hard drive or SSD in a folder that Windows permits you to use. Data files are not permitted in Program Files folders.
    External drives or network server locations are not supported and may cause irrepairable data file damage.

I'd like to know if you have account registers where a single account is approaching or exceeding 16,000 transactions.

What is the file size, in KB, as shown by Windows File Explorer?

And I'd also like to see the "File Information" window  (See below)

How much total RAM do you have installed? How much of the available RAM is in use? Task Manager will give you this information. 80% or higher?

What version of Windows are you running?

Please confirm your Quicken version. Click Help / About Quicken  to get this information.

About file size and number of transactions:

You can find out how many transactions you have in your data file by doing this:
    - Click Tools / Account List. This should tell you how many transactions you have in each of your accounts in an optional column, "# of Transactions".
    If this column is not shown in the Account List, click the Options button at the bottom of the Account List window, then click "Number of Transactions" to add the column.

- File Information: Click Help in the Menu Bar. CTRL+click About Quicken and it'll give you a File Information box. Please capture an image snapshot of this File Information box and attach it here.
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and newer) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF.

To attach the image here, start composing your response. At the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the landscape "Attach image" icon. It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file from your computer. You can also try to drag and drop or copy and paste the image. The captured image will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

This discussion has been closed.