Scheduled transactions issue.

Options
Quicken issues

1. My daughter has an American Express account which is not in my Quicken accounts list. I have an American Express account and all family members have an “extra card” they can use to charge against it. Wife and one daughter do this more than the others. When my daughter who has her own Amex account pays that account, Quicken credits my Amex account. This creates an incorrect balance and the transaction has to be manually deleted from my Amex account to make it right. Preferred behavior would be that her payment would not automatically credit my Amex account.

2. I use the bank’s website (First Horizon) to schedule repeating transactions to pay off the home equity line of credit. Since I have paid off the HELOC, I cancelled a future transaction via the bank’s website. However, Quicken won’t let me delete the transactions from the Quicken register and Quicken keeps adding unremovable transactions to the register (as I have deleted future HELOC payments on several occasions). This creates a balance issue and the only solution I have found is to enter fake transactions to make up for the discrepancy. The preferred behavior would be for Quicken to recognize that the transaction was cancelled and not enter it into the Quicken register, or to remove it from the Quicken register; a second-best option would be for the scheduled transaction to be eligible for deletion from the register. Note that I am aware Quicken has a capability of scheduling transactions however I worry that I will get my wires crossed if I use two different pathways to schedule transactions so I try to keep all scheduled transactions coming from the bank’s website for consistency.

3. When I attempt to use the “Report a Problem to Quicken” dialog in Quicken, I get a dialog saying “An unexpected error occurred while sending your feedback report. Please verify that you are connected to the internet and try again.” But I am connected to the internet - I just finished downloading new transactions into Quicken.

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi, John:

I know your first issue is on AMEX's end and the way they are reporting transactions that results in crosstalk between their accounts. I don't think there is much you can do other than to complain to AMEX.

As far as your scheduled transactions: I don't use online bill payment, but if you go into Bills & Income, can you delete the scheduled transaction series there?  (Make sure you delete a reminder (with the Delete All Instances/Series reminder), and not a single transaction.)

That should kill off any future scheduled transactions from within Quicken. If they continue, then the scheduled transaction might be coming from you financial institution.
  • John Fowler
    John Fowler Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful comments. However I get the same error messages trying in that tab as in the register and am unable to delete future instances of the scheduled transactions.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @John Fowler

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for a late response. I was taking a look at the thread and I believe the best choice would be contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so. This will allow us to see the issue with you so that we're able to figure out exactly what's happening. I will also list our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00pm PDT

This discussion has been closed.