I cannot successfully add Seattle City Light / Public Utilities to online billers

Quicken version: R26.23 Build : 27.1.26.23

The Seattle City Light / Public Utilities Web site recently upgraded which required a new password. Ever since, I have not been able to successfully reestablish the Seattle City Light and Seattle Public Utilities bills. What should appear after establishing the online biller are two bills designated with a SCU and a SPU. I link the existing Seattle City Light reminder to the SCU bill and the existing Seattle Public Utilities reminder to the SPU bill. I can establish the Seattle City Light / Public Utilities as an online biller, but the individual bills, SCU and SPU, are not available for linking.

I first tried to change the credentials, but this failed for some reason. My next step was to remove and reestablish the biller which has led to my current circumstance.

Edit: I tried the Validate Online Biller functionality, and it came back with this:

"Validate has detected a biller on the server (Seattle City Light / Public Utilities) which is incomplete or not present locally. If you have selected a subset of the bills available from this biller or you have set this biller up recently and are waiting for the first bill to arrive, click 'Cancel.' Otherwise click 'OK' to remove it from the server; any related local item(s) will be converted to manual reminder(s).

Remove this biller from server?"

I cancel out because I do not understand the consequences of removing the biller from the server.

Quicken Premier R54.16 Windows 10 Pro USA

Comments

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Alumni mod

Hello @ virbert 

I took the liberty of reviewing your internal support account and on the biller Seattle City Light / Public Utilities I found the message “Seattle City Light / Public Utilities has switched online providers, and unfortunately you are required to create a new online account”, which I know you are aware of.

The function Validate Online Biller presenting the message "Validate has detected a biller on the server (Seattle City Light / Public Utilities) which is incomplete or not present locally. If you have selected a subset of the bills available from this biller or you have set this biller up recently and are waiting for the first bill to arrive, click 'Cancel.' Otherwise click 'OK' to remove it from the server; any related local item(s) will be converted to manual reminder(s)”, indicates that there is an issue with the current set up, which corresponds with the message on or internal support system.

To solve this issue, first, if you have not already, navigate to new online provider supported website and be sure that you can log in with your credentials. If you are not able to, create new log in credentials.

Second, select the Validate Online Biller function and choose to REMOVE the biller from the server. Verify that the biller is no longer presented in the Bills and Income tab.

Third, add the biller again, entering the credentials that were verified on the website previously.

Please let me know if the biller is now offering the expected accounts and if it is presenting as it should on the Bills and Income tab.

Thank you

-       Quicken Diana

• virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I verified my login credentials before removing and reestablishing the biller. I removed the biller via the Validate Online Biller function and added the biller back again. The response to adding the biller was the message "Bill added. Waiting for the latest update. Your bill has been successfully added but your next due amount is not yet available. You should get the latest due date and amount the next time you update your Online Bills list."

When I try to link a reminder to the bill, I do not see two individual bills, but only one biller (Seattle City Light / Public Utilities) with no account number associated with it (Account: <blank>)

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @virbert

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the online biller profile to locate and report any issues that you may be experiencing with this biller.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka,

Hi Tyka. I was eventually able to link to the two separate bills. I promise that it was nothing that I did to produce the outcome. I am waiting for the bills to get beyond the "Awaiting next bill" state which they should have at this point as the next bills has been issued on the Web site. My feeling is that everything will be eventually okay. I will contact support if things go wonky.

This discussion has been closed.