1. Deleting and renaming reports 2. Moving reports to folders

Quicken has taken to naming my reports using a / symbol, which is prohibited as in a filename in many systems, including my own University's MSOneDrive. The easiest thing to do would be to rename them myself or just delete them. However much of the reports functionality has disappeared from newer versions of Quicken. If you open Quicken's current file, there is a folder called reports, but even if you track down the offending filenames and delete them it keeps reappearing, giving me constant warnings from OneDrive. While we're here, where did the folder organization disappear to in reports? You used to be able to put old reports away in folders from within the programme.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You didn't mention which version of Quicken for Mac.

Are you trying to store your Quicken data file on OneDrive? If so, don't. Quicken is going to want your file stored locally on that specific Mac, and within that user account. Problems set in when you try otherwise.

You should not be seeing folder organization for your reports in any version of Quicken for Mac. The only time this will occur is when the file has become corrupted/stored on another volume and the Mac is no longer seeing the data file as a single entity. 
  • Robin Whyte
    Robin Whyte Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe, Canada 2020 5.16.1.
    Quicken writes to file on my hard drive, but that is synchronized to OneDrive, which ‘leaves a copy’ on my drive (this is an option). I back everything up to OneDrive, so I would have to single out the Quicken files from the backup.
    The folder issue may go back to Quicken for Windows. It certainly used to be there, and it is certainly missed.
This discussion has been closed.