Please fix the "In/Out/What's Left" chart on the home screen, or allow more customization

System
System Member admin
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements
This discussion was created from comments split from: In/Out/What's Left.
13 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• rodyvonne
    rodyvonne Member ✭✭
    Please fix the "In/Out/What's Left" chart on the home screen, or allow more customization. I cannot remove credit card accounts from the spending graph so it double counts inflows & outflows -- I just want to see checking & savings transactions. The account balances "profit" bar doesn't show the net change, it shows the total balance for all accounts. I just want some way to show monthly inflows, outflows, and difference (positive or negative cashflow) for my "cash" bank accounts. This shouldn't be hard!
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @rodyvonne,

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Community!

I went ahead and turned this discussion into an Idea thread so that other users are able to vote on it.

Be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:

Our developer's review Idea threads to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Agree - the In/Out/ Whats Left is so completely wrong it is misleading. (Removed-Rant) Ignores all the income items and has only some of the expenses so it's no use!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rodyvonne you may find this post on the Quicken usenet group helpful in answering your question:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/alt.comp.software.financial.quicken/F3r0yDtzmZ4

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• James Gordon
    James Gordon Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    > @Quicken_Natalie said:
    > Hello @rodyvonne,
    >
    > Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Community!
    >
    > I went ahead and turned this discussion into an Idea thread so that other users are able to vote on it.
    >
    > Be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:(Image)
    >
    > Our developer's review Idea threads to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Natalie

This is so annoying! The balance shown does not include transactions from today (even though the detail when you click on "See Projected Balances" does include them)...and apparently the balance is including an online repeated transaction that I deleted months ago! This should be easy to check! If it is supposed to be what's left before next income, it should be equal to the balance in my checking account before my next paycheck. If that doesn't tie, it's wrong. This is not a project enhancement. This is a bug that needs to be fixed! Just do it!

Projected balance also includes a duplicate expense from the wrong checking account. Can't delete it. Can see it anywhere other than there. Like why? This app has gone downhill since it became a subscription service. It might be time to start looking for other options.
  • eclyne56
    eclyne56 Member ✭✭
    > @rodyvonne said:
    > Please fix the "In/Out/What's Left" chart on the home screen, or allow more customization. I cannot remove credit card accounts from the spending graph so it double counts inflows & outflows -- I just want to see checking & savings transactions. The account balances "profit" bar doesn't show the net change, it shows the total balance for all accounts. I just want some way to show monthly inflows, outflows, and difference (positive or negative cashflow) for my "cash" bank accounts. This shouldn't be hard!

I managed several accounts yet I would like to track certain accounts. Can the "In/Out/What's Left" be set up to track groups or specific accounts and expenditures? Even the ability to track different groups would be an excellent tool for Quicken.
  • eclyne56
    eclyne56 Member ✭✭
    eclyne56
    For clarification, I managed the family accounts and my children's accounts. I would like the "In/Out/What's Left" to focus on the family accounts and not the children's accounts.
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    I love the concept of this tool. Its even is useful broken. But it is way broken. There needs to be a better correlation between the figures presented and your registers and actual transactions.

Specifics:
    - I have an uncategorized line item as an expense which is clearly a transfer between accounts. There is no way to correct this.
    - If I look back several months, there are uncategorized line items that have zero correlation with any of my various registers. I cannot fix or change these. They may be valid, but I have no way of determining this.
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    I just want to say again. I love this tool. Please make it work better.
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    My issue is that stock sales show up as uncategorized expenses. This throws the whole graphic off in such weeks. It would really be great if we could have more customization as to what shows up in this panel.