Transaction Columns

Options
I just upgraded from Quicken 99 to Quicken Subscription for windows. 1)The register does not have a memo or check number column. How do I activate these columns. 2) The Transaction report does not have a running balance. How do I activate a continuing balance? Thanks for any help.

Best Answers

Answers

• kmcmahon
    kmcmahon Member
    Options
    That answered the first question. Question 2. The Transaction report does not have a running balance. How do I add a continuing balance column to the transaction report? Maybe it's not possible. Thanks for any help.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @kmcmahon

Glad to hear we got one taken care of. The reason the transaction report doesn't have a running balance is because it take into account all of the accounts and combines all their transactions making it have no true starting or ending balance. 

I think the report you may be looking for now is a register report. You can find it by clicking on your selected register and in the top right there will be a cogwheel with a drop down menu. It's the one right above the circled one in my previous post. Once the drop down comes up hover over more reports  and click on register report. This will give you a report of all the transactions in the register with a running balance.

Let me know if this is the correct report! If not I'll see which one better fits your needs.

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.