Projected Balance not recognizing income reminder

I have an income reminder which appears in the list of projected balances but the amount does not get added into the running balance. Deleting the reminder corrects the issue until I create a backup file after which the income is ignored again. :o

Comments

• jcoggs
    jcoggs Member ✭✭
    I forgot to mention after i delete Reminder I create a new one.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Do you have an online bill set up/linked for this reminder/biller?  If so, the bill update may reset it to $0 when it's waiting for a new bill.  Just a thought.
    You should also provide your current Quicken version and build info so you can get more applicable replys.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• jcoggs
    jcoggs Member ✭✭
    No online bill setup or linked
    Ver R26.23
    Build 27.1.26.23
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That display can sometimes be  confusing in that it will show closing balance for an  Income transaction as 0 while the income has in fact been reflected in the last expense transaction shown above it.  

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• jcoggs
    jcoggs Member ✭✭
    The graph associated with projected balances does not reflect the income i.e. instead of a display ascending in a positive direction I see a display descending negatively.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Does a node appear on the funding account balance line at the date of the reminder?
    If there is a node, what does clicking on it show?  
    Can you post a screen shot of the graph and of the income reminder? 

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• dshan1061
    dshan1061 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue (version R26.23; Build 27.1.26.23; Quicken 2020 for Windows). I use Quicken cloud, but do not download any transactions (with the exception of investments like 401k and IRA) and do not link any bill or deposits, etc (i.e. everything I do in Quicken is manual, which helps me keep on top of it). My paycheck (setup as a paycheck income reminder) is directed to 6 different deposit accounts (kids, savings, etc). For example:

1,000.00 Checking deposit
    200.00 Savings deposit
    10.00 Kid 1 deposit
    10.00 Kid 2 deposit
    10.00 Kid 3 deposit
    10.00 Kid 4 deposit

1,240.00 Total deposit

It is only showing the net deposit into checking in the projected balances chart, which is the primary account. I changed the primary deposit account to the savings account and removed checking completely from the reminder, so now the paycheck reminder looks like this:

1,000.00 Savings deposit
    200.00 Savings deposit
    10.00 Kid 1 deposit
    10.00 Kid 2 deposit
    10.00 Kid 3 deposit
    10.00 Kid 4 deposit

1,240.00 Total deposit

Now it shows the deposits into all accounts EXCEPT the $200.00 additional deposit to Savings. I changed the $200.00 savings deposit to Checking, and it still didn't show that deposit.

Just to make sure I didn't change something and forget how it SHOULD be, I put everything back to what it was originally (first deposit split at top). Now the charts for all accounts are updating properly in Projected Balances in the Bills & Income section. I didn't do anything special, it just "came out of it". I did exit Quicken and get back in, and confirmed the charts were still updating correctly (and a backup was created on close).

And I do not know when the issue first occurred as I generally only look at this particular view once per month or so. But I did have to restore from a backup this morning, so may have had something to do with it. I also noticed, after that restore, that the split on my utility bill reminder had changed (using budget billing, where the monthly amount doesn't change, I track the over/under in a separate asset account; the transfer to that asset account was missing and the reminder was out of balance).

So, FWIW, maybe just play around with what accounts are being hit, then change it back. My novice brain writes this off as a "glitch"; one that has, so far, corrected itself for me. A long story with no real solution. But evidence that it CAN come out of it.
This discussion has been closed.