Biller List Unavailable. Try again

For several days the Quick Pay Biller list is unavailable / "can't be reached." I am a Deluxe Bill Pay client, and have a Payment Account verified for Quick and Check Pay. But cannot add billers. Help!!!
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Gene Resnick

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I'm just wondering if we're having issues within the file or quicken here. Would you mind creating a test file and seeing if we're able to connect? We just want to see if we're able to get connected here.

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account.
    3. Exit the add account popup and go to try adding a biller into quicken

When you get the chance try out adding the biller onto the test file and let us know the results! Once we're able to test this we'll see what our next troubleshooting step is.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Thanks for followoup. Got to add the file, then Screen with "Manage your Bills" > Get Started > Add Account screen with Primary Accounts, Property & Debt, etc.
    Exited, logged back in and was able to add a Biller from the Add Biller screen.

Next step? Thanks.

How do I delete that Biller?
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    @Gene Resnick
    "How do I delete that Biller?"

Bills & Income tab > Bills secondary tab > Biller Name and All bills tertiary tab.

On the far right hand side of your screen, click on the gear symbol

From the drop-down menu, select Manage Online billers. From the Manage Online Bills pop-up box, select the row for the Online Biller you would like to delete - on the right-hand side under the Actions column, click on the Remove button.

Thanks,
    Quicken Hugh

• @QuickenFrancisco
    “When you get the chance try out adding the biller onto the test file and let us know the results! Once we're able to test this we'll see what our next troubleshooting step is.”

Next troubleshoot? Still cant add Billers from my principal account. I could from the test account.

@QuickenHugh: thanks.
  • Farrago510
    Farrago510 Member ✭✭
    It is so not ready for prime time. Almost every day one or more of my bills faults out as unavailable, even if they have been available the previous day. And some just refuse to successfully add and display bills. Quicken has to get this tool fixed or many of us will need to look for other personal finance options.
  • Thanks for the feedback. As a user since 1998 (!) Bill Pay has worked fine, save the occasional software update glitch. It allows good payment allocations, provided useful reports for tax preparation and expense tracking and was reliable.
    Given the several days and Support calls that have been necessary to even start to get the Billers added to the new Check and Quick Pay platform (not able to do so still), and the unreliability noted by several posting Members, it seems that prior to Aug 31 I'll transition to my bank bill paying service (free) and keep a record of key tax categories separately.
    Quicken isn't going to survive this debacle.
  • @Quicken Francisco
    Waiting for next step in troubleshoot to add billers. Test File was able to add a biller.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Gene Resnick

Thanks for the update. Let's try this. We're going to try creating a copy/validate of your file and seeing if we're able to add it in there. 

Always make a backup before performing complex procedures. This ensures that you have a "fallback" file you can use to get back to where you were when you started.

1. Go to File > File Operations > Copy (do not choose Year End Copy for this procedure).
    2. Leave all the settings, including file name and checkboxes, at their default (change nothing on this screen). Simply click OK
    3. After the Copy is complete, choose to Open New Copy.
    4. In the New Copy, go to File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file.
      • If your issue was with Investment account(s) slowness or other data issues with an investment account, be sure to also select Rebuild Lots during this procedure.
    5. After the Validation process is finished, you will see the Data_Log appear in a Notepad window. This file is a summary of the Validation results.
    6. Review the Data_Log.txt for messages pertaining to the quality of your data and resolve any that are advised with instructions you should follow.
    7. Go to the bills and income tab and try adding a biller again.
    We'll see if this helps us get up and running. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.