QDF: Validating your data and Security Comparison Mismatch

2»

Answers

• Gamal Mustafa
    Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
    GeoffG said:
    If it's the last item you have highlighted, that is an internal category that cannot be deleted (Quicken will disallow). Any category that begins with _ is internal and can be hidden if not needed.
    Is there a way to change the Group of this internal category? I am able to change others, Rental Group only contain one item right now. That one.
  • Gamal Mustafa
    Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
    I think you found the damaged category.  In my file the group assigned is Rental Property Expenses.  I was able to create a custom group called Test and then assign that category to Test.  I could then remove it from Test and it changed back to the default.

You might try playing with that. If you are lucky, it might change to the correct default group.  Run the validation to see if it still shows damaged.  In any case you might have to live with it.  Your file is in pretty good shape now.  If you don't use that category, it will probably never cause an issue. 
    OK, I deleted the group called "Rental" and it defaulted to "Rental Property Expenses" like you said. I ran a super validate and the a validate

However that did not fix it... and some how it fixed a new problem that was not there before (4 scheduled transactions)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Super Validation 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Fri Jun 26 01:19:13 2020]

File: "PERSONAL5" 

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Fixed damaged category.  Please check your category list by going to Tools>Category List.
    Quicken repaired *Tax-Deductible Mileage* account.  No action required.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Fri Jun 26 01:21:42 2020]
    4 scheduled transactions corrected
    Repair price history: 0 price(s) repaired.
    [Fri Jun 26 01:22:40 2020]

[Fri Jun 26 01:24:08 2020]
    Rebuilt investing lots.
    Analyzing securities.

Number of old style Buy/Cash investment transactions updated: 21/0
    No out-of-range security references found.

Super validation has completed.

Validation 
    [Fri Jun 26 01:32:21 2020]

File: "PERSONAL5" 

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Fixed damaged category.  Please check your category list by going to Tools>Category List.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Fri Jun 26 01:33:29 2020]
    Repair price history: 0 price(s) repaired.
    [Fri Jun 26 01:34:22 2020]

[Fri Jun 26 01:35:57 2020]
    Rebuilt investing lots.
    Analyzing securities.

Number of old style Buy/Cash investment transactions updated: 21/0
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.
  • Gamal Mustafa
    Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
    I'd do one final Copy without the shift key and then use the Copy.  You may yet stumble into the damaged category, but I'm out of suggestions.

If you encounter the Reminders errors again, currently the only way to fix errors that super-validation does not fix is to manually delete all reminders one-by-one and close/open Quicken. Then re-enter them.
    Thanks! I did what you suggested. The file is much better now. a least I can do a copy without problem and the "Security Comparison Mismatch" issue so far is gone. The category thing I can live with that ;-) Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.