Sidebar display: Under "Investing" heading, switching Brokerage and and Retirement entries

Edward Jones for several years has shown my half dozen accounts in a certain order. In Q2007 for Mac and now the current Quicken, I arranged my accounts in the same order: Glance at EJ, glance at Q to see that all was well with the world. Edward Jones has a new web page. It now lists my retirement accounts at the top, my brokerage accounts below. But Quicken doesn't show me a way to place retirement accounts at the top, brokerage accounts below. Is there a way to do that?

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Hi, Bob:

No, there currently isn't a way to reorder the organization of account types in the sidebar. You aren't overlooking anything.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Bob Ball,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems now that EJ has changed their website.

I am a Windows user, so I am not exactly sure that this will work for you, but the following is how I would go about changing Quicken to match the new EJ format.

In the "Investing Tab" there is a "Customize" button (see snip A below).
    When you click it, it then shows a way to modify your View. You just need to:
    1) Click on the "Accounts" Tab;
    2) Use the two buttons labeled "Move Up" and "Move Down" (see svip B below) to put your various accounts in the same order as they appear on the EJ webpage.
    3)Click "OK" to same.

I hope that this works for you.  If you have any followup questions, feel free to reply.

Frankx

Snip - A

Snip - B

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks for the answer, @Frankx. Unfortunately, that does only apply to Quicken for Windows. It doesn't work in Quicken for Mac.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @John-in_NC,

I was hoping that it might translate, at least in part.  Just trying to help.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    You could add a letter or number to the beginning of each account so that they sort in the order that you want.
This discussion has been closed.