Another Net Worth Reports issue

CAPPY
CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
The Net Worth Report does not match the Net Worth in the Accounts Column? If I do the Account Summary Report, it matches - Off by about 14K more in the Net Worth Report than in the Account Summary Net Worth? I can see the difference by comparing, and it is in two of my Investment Accounts - a brokerage account 5.6 K and a IRA account 8.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    A few things come to mind:

What display do you have for the Sidebar? Today's, Projected, or Online? It should be the Today's balance to match.

Do you have multiple currencies? Do you have the option to "Show Hidden Accounts" in the customize options for the Net Worth Report?

I do believe that some of the older reports use a different calculation method, so you might see a rounding issue (mine match within a penny), but that likely wouldn't account for a $14K difference.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks John ... but I do have "Today's" balance in the sidebar, and the selected are all the same in the Custom options check boxes, no multiple currencies, and I did review the hidden accounts to be sure there were no discrepancies between lists and reports checks.. I agree rounding would not cause that big of a difference? Still a bit perplexed?
  • John_in_NC
    Thanks for the feedback, Cappy.

My suggestions are the usual suspects. Without "seeing" your data, you will have to manually compare where this difference is coming from by focusing on the brokerage and IRA account. I would look at cash balances, scheduled transactions, etc. 

I wish I could give you more ideas, but I have not seen this/seen it reported. If you figure out the difference, it would help if you post back what you found. Thanks.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks John Still perplexed The report listing of the two accounts doesn't show details to compare why different... My real confusion is why in the Reports in the "Account Summary Report" shows the two accounts (brokerage and IRA account) as the same as the two in the Accounts sidebar column. It is the Net Worth Over Time report that shows a different balance for the two Accounts? I do not know of any way to get the details in the Net Worth Report window to help show where different..to compare contents of the two account holdings/balances? If I figure it out i will share...
  • John_in_NC
    Hi, Cappy:

The Account Summary and Net Worth Over Time are older reports carried over from an older version of Quicken. I suspect they will be replaced with newer versions and those will be deprecated/removed as the Quicken team moves reworks reports.

In the Net Worth Over Time report, you can expand the leftmost column to show the individual accounts. But, I think you have already done that.

As far as investigating the brokerage/IRA account, you might wish to switch to toggle between the Portfolio and Transactions (register) view to see if any of those numbers allow you to glean any additional information as to where the Net Work Report is drawing the unexpected values from.

Good luck!
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Well John, finally figured it out..... I had a stock split in each account and then a name change.... When I converted from Mac 2007, it did not transfer properly, from old name to new name...and I had stock listed under the old name...and it was asking me to add cost value for those two transactions... Took a long time but got it corrected.. my New Worth balance now match.. !!! Thanks for all your inputs...
  • John_in_NC
    Hi again, Cappy:

I am glad you figured it out. My gut feeling was that the devil was in the details :-)
This discussion has been closed.