Recovering a deleted account (Q Mac)

James Young
James Young Member ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Investing (Mac)
I accidentally set up an account as traditional IRA and set up the quick connect through the institution. I needed to change to a Roth IRA so I deleted the account now when I try to set up a new Roth IRA and quick connect it gives me error message saying " there are no other accounts to activate". Is there a way to recover a deleted account or any other ideas on how I can set up this other account with quick connect?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @James Young

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Generally when you delete an account and you want to bring it back the best way would be to restore a backup. In your case I believe you added and deleted the account in a fairly small amount of time so there may be no backup to work with. 

What financial institution were you adding from? I might recommend seeing if the the FI's website might have an option for third party programs where it will say you currently have quicken connected. If by chance it does you could try removing that connection so that you're able to try adding it again.

Once you get a chance let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• James Young
    James Young Member ✭✭
    Thanks Francisco, you're correct in that I set up deleted shortly thereafter so no back up. I couldn't find anything on the FI website but I might try and contact them to see if they can reset. The FI is Morgan Stanley. Thanks for the assistance.
This discussion has been closed.