Every time I get into Quicken Deluxe, there is a window asking for login.

After I enter the data password, the login window goes away. This has been a problem for many users for quite some time. This afternoon, I spent two hours working with a support agent and after trying everything, she said it was a Microsoft Windows 10 set up problem. Very irresponsible. I have been using Quicken since the 90's and never encountered this problem until I upgraded to the 2020 subscription version.
Please help.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if you are referring to the background image and Quicken login screen,
    that appears when you have a Data File Password.....
    The login screen display is a recent bug, and will go away after 20secs or so -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bernicelai
    bernicelai Member
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, that is the bug. The login screen did go away after I entered the data password and my usual screen came up. I hope Quicken will admit this problem and fix it soon.
  • irunalot
    irunalot Member ✭✭
    It is irritating. I rarely post anything (maybe once a year) but I'll take the time to vent. The screen started to appear about 3 updates ago. Not only do you get the login screen in the background, when you type your password, it takes a few seconds for Quicken to respond. After about 10 seconds, it acknowledges the password, then you get the login screen that appears in the background, then a few seconds later, you get into your account. All in all, about 25-30 seconds to get into Quicken when it used to take 3 at most. It is not my PC nor is it my internet connectivity. Yes, an acknowledgement from Quicken would be appreciated... just tell us it's being worked on or tell us it's not going to go away. Some genuine response would be appreciated.
  • Vincent Sheu
    Vincent Sheu Member ✭✭
    It is frustrating. I have two laptops, one on Windows 10 and one on Windows 7 still. The tech support told me it is related to the way Windows 10 sets up security. It is not because my Windows 7 laptop has exactly the same problem. Both laptops run Quicken fine until I upgraded to the subscription version. I wonder how we can make Quicken recognize the problem and put priority on it.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's my understanding that the fix for this particular issue did not make it into either R 26.14 or 26.15. It's planned for one of the next patch releases. Stay tuned.
  • kotzr
    kotzr Member ✭✭
    I never had to sign in before. Yes, this is frustrating. The dialog box has an incorrect email address and does not allow me to change it. Any ideas?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @kotzr ,

At the bottom of the Sign in Window, click "Sign in as a different user".

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Vincent Sheu
    Vincent Sheu Member ✭✭
    Now, it is version R27.28, I still see the quicken login window in the background whenever I log into Quicken.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a recent BUG - just ignore it, and the screen will go away in about 15 secs.
    It only happens for users that have created a Data File Password on their QDF file.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Vincent Sheu
    Vincent Sheu Member ✭✭
    ps56k, thank you for the reply.
    Any idea when Quicken will fix this bug? It is really annoying to have this problem for so long.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, it is version R27.28, I still see the quicken login window in the background whenever I log into Quicken.
    Hi @""Vincent Sheu" ,

It depends on the Quicken Installer that was used initially to Activate Quicken. Since, there is a simple solution, they have move on, because the User can fix it, themselves or the User can live with it.

It is up to the User.

Here is the solution:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

Just before you do a Manual Backup of your Data File, remove the Data File Password. After you reinstall, add the Data File Password back in and test it.

Do not skip steps. That is the solution. Any Questions?

After reinstalling, if using a Data File Password I get:

I lack patience to have waited. I fixed it.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.