How can I send a one-time check to a payee with scheduled payments?

I THINK we have regular monthly checkpays scheduled in Bill Manager for our payee (not sure how to verify that). We need to send him a one-time extra checkpay. How can we do that without messing up the amount & timing for his regular monthly checks?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• mjbank
    mjbank Member ✭✭✭
    So, we tried to send a one-time payment and it appeared in our Checking account register. It looked like that made the monthly payment go away, so we re-scheduled the monthly payment. Now we see nothing in the Bill Manager about the one-time payment (though it is still in the Checking account register). Will he get the one-time payment? Quicken Bill Pay was so much more transparent about what was happening, I hope "they" re-engineer the user interface for Quicken Bill Manager, so we don't feel so out of control!
  • mjbank
    mjbank Member ✭✭✭
    Ummm, do I TYPE the word "Send" in the check number column?
  • mjbank
    mjbank Member ✭✭✭
    OH. There's a pull-down in the Check # field. I suppose I'd choose "Quick Pay/Check Pay" and wait to see if some dialog pops up about when to send it and verifying where it's going or something?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you would select Quick Pay/Check Pay from the check # field. My reference to "Send" is because I send payments to my bank instead of Quicken's payment process.
  • mjbank
    mjbank Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry, follow-up question: If I choose Quick Pay/Check Pay, the accounts available in the pop-up will ONLY be those accounts listed on the Bill Manager list? I'm worried because Quicken sent an online payment to an old closed vehicle loan account at my bank instead of my Visa. Maybe some old "Online Payee" from THAT long list crept into the mix somehow?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    By directly entering the payment request into the checking account register you are instructing Quicken to use that account and that should be the default account for payments to be sent from. You also have the opportunity to review the payment request when you send the request after entering your password vault.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    mjbank said:
    I'm worried because Quicken sent an online payment to an old closed vehicle loan account at my bank instead of my Visa. Maybe some old "Online Payee" from THAT long list crept into the mix somehow?
    Quick Pay will only make payments to active Online BIllers.  It requires access to the BIller's online payment system to complete the payment.  Check Pay however can send a printed check to any address & account you choose.  In the case of your bank and the miss directed payment, are you referring to where the payment was sent rather than the FI where the payment funds were withdrawn.  That could result from referencing an older online payee for either a traditional BillPay or a Check Pay entry (but for Check Pay, I believe you would need to create a new payee to do so).
    The following comment gives a brief description of how Quick & Check payment appear in the payment account register after entry.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20101319#Comment_20101319

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

This discussion has been closed.