Conversion of Quicken 2007 to Quicken 2020 deluxe - double entries in investment accounts?

Options
Recently upgraded to Quicken 2020 Deluxe for Mac from Quicken 2007. When I ran the conversion process from the 2007 .qdfm file, almost everything went smoothly.

Except for my TIAA-CREF accounts in my 403(b). These accounts came in with 2x the number of shares. For example, I had 293.1902 shares of CREF Bond Market, as verified by looking at the TIAA-CREF web portal.

In Quicken 2020, I know have 2 entries
CREF Bond Market 293.1902 shares
CREF Bond Market R3 293.1902 shares

How do I correct such a problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Did you connect this account online in 2020?
    Is one of the Bond fund transactions a placeholder in light gray (at beginning of register) adding in shares?

It sounds like Quicken thinks you have two different funds: the older with your share balance from 2007 transactions, and one being reported for the same in 2020. Quicken sees them as being as a completely different security, and dutifully adds them as reported which gives you 2X the amount.

Post back with what you find.
  • pfderwent
    pfderwent Member
    Options
    Thanks John. Yes, there is a transaction in light gray at the beginning of the register adding shares, with the 293.102 share amount and no cost basis. Should I zero out that transaction?
  • pfderwent
    pfderwent Member
    Options
    Thanks John. The "Merge Securities" approach worked and carried through an online update. I went through my other securities and everything looks good.
This discussion has been closed.