Problem with scheduled payroll deposit transactions

schambery
schambery Member ✭✭
I have a scheduled transaction set for my payroll deposit. After modifying and accepting the payroll deposit (amounts vary each pay) all id fine. Unfortunately it repeatedly happens that my net pay deposit amount is later changed to an erroneous value. I find this when I notice my bank account balance is significantly different from what Quicken is showing. I then hunt and find the payroll transaction that has been modified, open the split and re-save the transaction and all is fine. Until it randomly happens again to either this transaction or a previous payroll deposit.

This has happened to me dozens of times over the last year. Was happening when I was using Quicken 2017 for past 2 years and still continues to happen now when I'm using Quicken Windows subscription. How do I fix this software bug?

Comments

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is a long shot: I noticed an identical problem and turned out it was my fault. I know you wrote that you "re-save" but let's just double-check. In my case every time I edited and closed a "split" transaction, I assumed it was saved but it was not and it would revert back when I went away from that specific account and came back to it. Solution: After editing and closing the split pop-up window, the key is to invoke the SAVE button again which solved my problem.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• schambery
    schambery Member ✭✭
    Thanks BK for your assistance. Unfortunately, my problem is a bit different. I am familiar with what you are referring to and it's also happened to me before but this is when I am taking an existing transaction and trying to copy and edit it. In my case, it's a memorized transaction. Since my pay varies by payslip, I open the memorized transaction and change the splits and then save it. Initially upon saving, everything is fine. However a week or so later, the net deposit amount changes to an erroneous value. If I reopen the transaction split and resave it, it goes back to the correct value. Very strange but also very annoying......
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    My setup is exactly same as yours but no issues. Something appears to be corrupted I think. I suggest: doing a "validate" on your datafile, delete and recreate the specific memorized setup, and also contact Quicken support. Good luck.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• slobeavr
    slobeavr Member ✭✭

Payroll. was attempting to install a payroll that was missed. when I tried to enter the missed date, the program dleated the later tranaction. it will not let me make a simple change. Also note that payroll reminder screen no longer appears at bottom of screen. How do I correct this problem?

This discussion has been closed.