Scheduled Quick Pay issue

Options
Can anyone explain how the Bill Manager Quick Pay system works for scheduling a future payment. I am having a problem with scheduling future payments with some billers. for example, no problem scheduling a future payment with one biller (Citi Bank) but with another (Amex) Quicken Bill Manager will only allow a payment using "todays" date. Big red box appears around the date box. I thought that the future scheduling feature would work with all my bills. Another issue I see is that invoices are not being downloaded for some billers - Where the current amount should be, "awaiting next bill" is indicted even though I have already received the next bill. Hopefully someone will be able to provide a solution that makes sense.

Best Answer

• Richard@
    Richard@ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Follow-up information. Today a bill suddenly appeared in Bills & Income for my current Amex bill. I was able to schedule a future dated payment. I guess the answer that provided by support in my comments above is the answer. A bill can't be scheduled if the linked account does not have a current bill and amount due. Hope this helps.

Answers

• ewu69
    ewu69 Member
    Options
    I had same problem. I had to use Check Pay to schedule a future payment on a Citi Bank bill which was already linked for Quick Pay. I would rather use Quick Pay so as to not rely on a mailed check.
  • Richard@
    Richard@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Support today was of the opinion that the reason I could not schedule a Quick Pay was because the amount due was 0.00 since quicken had not received the current bill (awaiting next bill). Suggested waiting to see if a new bill was received before the next due date. I guess i will just have to check each day to see if quicken has received the bill and then try to schedule the pay date. I am not sure that is the answer, but short of anything else, I'll ride with that for awhile. Very frustrating!!
  • Richard@
    Richard@ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Follow-up information. Today a bill suddenly appeared in Bills & Income for my current Amex bill. I was able to schedule a future dated payment. I guess the answer that provided by support in my comments above is the answer. A bill can't be scheduled if the linked account does not have a current bill and amount due. Hope this helps.
  • Pete36@
    Pete36@ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    (Removed-Off-Topic/Rant)
This discussion has been closed.