Missing investments after migrating from Quicken for Mac 2007 to Quicken for Mac 2016

I'm slow to tackle change when it comes to years of my financial transactions. Today I finally migrated a file from Quicken for Mac 2007 to Quicken for Mac 2016. It went really well! Everything lines up perfectly, except for my investments. Darn.

By that I mean that the accounts show up fine (TIAA CREF, Vanguard, etc.) as does the cash I put in those accounts over the years. But none of the stock shares appear, nor do any of the dividends or interest.

How should I proceed? Was there a box I didn't check when migrating the file? Is there a way to export the missing information and import it by hand?

Thank you for any help/information you can provide. I appreciate it!

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You didn't miss any import preference, arotolante.

A little more detail is needed: If you scroll though the investment Transactions view of your investment accounts, do you only see the cash transactions? No Buys, Sells, etc.?

Or are you simply seeing zero share holdings in your Portfolio view? 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Also: is there a reason if you're just starting on modern Quicken Mac that you're using Quicken 2016? There have been a ton of fixes and improvements made to Quicken Mac over the past 4-5 years -- including the converter -- so you might possibly have better success converting your Quicken 2007 data file if you were using the current Quicken Mac instead of the old version you mentioned. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • arotolante
    arotolante Member ✭✭
    John in NC: The only transactions that appear in my investment account registers are the cash deposits I've made over the years. No buys, sells, dividends, account management expenses, etc. Weird!

jacobs: I purchased a physical copy of Quicken 2016 about 5 years ago, and I thought I would install that and see if I could get things working before committing to the newer subscription model. If there's no good fix for my issue in Quicken 2016, I might go ahead and try the newest version.
  • arotolante
    arotolante Member ✭✭
    @jacobs , I took your very wise advice! I purchased and downloaded the newest version of the Quicken for Mac software, migrated my Quicken for Mac 2007 file, and BINGO! it worked like a charm. My investments are all there. Thank you so much!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Awesome! Take your time getting used to the new Quicken. It takes a while to adjust to the new interface and new way of doing some things that can be initially jarring to longtime Quicken 2007 users. Best wishes!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.