Why did all my USAA online bill payments & deposits disappear from Bill and Income Reminders?

Options
I just opened Bill and Income Reminders to add a new one. My USAA online bill payment and income deposit reminders have disappeared, but my Chase VISA transaction reminders are still in Bill and Income Reminders. What could have happened? I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.836, 64-bit, using Quicken 2020 Version R27.28 Build 27.1.27.28. Last month or so I switched from Web Connect to Direct Connect; I didn't notice that anything changed at that time in Bill and Income Reminders. Tonight I was able to download all my USAA checking, savings, and credit card transactions. Only the reminders I set up for USAA transactions seem affected. I've had most of those transactions set up for more than a decade. I really hope I don't have to re-enter them all.

Best Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Alumni mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ padamssm

Thank you for posting in the Community though I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your USAA Bill and Income Reminders. First, I will suggest running a Validate and Repair function.

- FILE > FILE OPERATIONS > VALIDATE AND REPAIR.

- Choose the first option on the left which is VALIDATE FILE. Click OK.

A notepad report will open. Check to be sure that there is not indicated damage to the file.

Check your Bill and Income Reminders again. Do you see the ones that are set up to be paid from USAA? If not, then at this point it is best to restore a backup of your data file.

- FILE > FIND QUICKEN FILES

Quicken will search your local drive and present all backup files located there. Choose the most recent one. Please let us know how this goes.

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• padamssm
    padamssm Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks, Diana! VALIDATE FILE did not restore USAA's dropped bill reminders or any reminders about our income automatic deposits. I restored back several files through June, to where I would have lost a significant number of transactions I'd entered if I'd kept the oldest restore, and still those reminders didn't appear. I restored back to after the VALIDATE FILE backup and gave up. I'll just have to re-enter them. Another problem, though - when I restored a file, I got the message that it was syncing with the Cloud. That is VERBOTEN in my family. We absolutely do not keep any personal data files, and especially financial data, anywhere on the web. I only back up files to external drives. I have a flash drive where I regularly back up Quicken files in addition to Quicken's backup on my computer. How can I disable the sync function?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you tried to just schedule them again using an accepted comparable transaction from the account register? With the transaction highlighted, right click and add reminder.  I find that easier than entering all the information from scratch.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Alumni mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ padamssm

Thank you for posting in the Community though I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your USAA Bill and Income Reminders. First, I will suggest running a Validate and Repair function.

- FILE > FILE OPERATIONS > VALIDATE AND REPAIR.

- Choose the first option on the left which is VALIDATE FILE. Click OK.

A notepad report will open. Check to be sure that there is not indicated damage to the file.

Check your Bill and Income Reminders again. Do you see the ones that are set up to be paid from USAA? If not, then at this point it is best to restore a backup of your data file.

- FILE > FIND QUICKEN FILES

Quicken will search your local drive and present all backup files located there. Choose the most recent one. Please let us know how this goes.

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• padamssm
    padamssm Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks, Diana! VALIDATE FILE did not restore USAA's dropped bill reminders or any reminders about our income automatic deposits. I restored back several files through June, to where I would have lost a significant number of transactions I'd entered if I'd kept the oldest restore, and still those reminders didn't appear. I restored back to after the VALIDATE FILE backup and gave up. I'll just have to re-enter them. Another problem, though - when I restored a file, I got the message that it was syncing with the Cloud. That is VERBOTEN in my family. We absolutely do not keep any personal data files, and especially financial data, anywhere on the web. I only back up files to external drives. I have a flash drive where I regularly back up Quicken files in addition to Quicken's backup on my computer. How can I disable the sync function?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you tried to just schedule them again using an accepted comparable transaction from the account register? With the transaction highlighted, right click and add reminder.  I find that easier than entering all the information from scratch.

Quicken user since 1995

• padamssm
    padamssm Member
    Options
    Thank you! I took your suggestion and it took very little time to look back and use prior transactions to add the reminders. Do you know how I can prevent syncing with the Cloud and removing my data from the Cloud?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    padamssm said:
    Do you know how I can prevent syncing with the Cloud and removing my data from the Cloud?
    Sorry, I'm not a Quicken Mobile user and only use Dropbox for Quicken as a backup location.  There are several posts about Cloud/Internet Sync so you might find your answer through search.  If not, I suggest you start new Question on the topic.

Quicken user since 1995

This discussion has been closed.