A Quicken monthly bill payment that I cancelled months ago keep getting paid?

Options
A repeating payment that I cancelled last year has continued to be paid through my bank. I call the new bill manager reps & they say the bill is not showing up anywhere in my account so they can not help me. Then they said something about Bill Pay not being the same company as Quicken. Which I did not understand
I called my bank to have them put a stop payment on these payments but they said they would need some sort of ID to effectively stop this payment. I do not know where to turn from here. Any ideas?

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Keltic,

So, I am not sure whether you were aware, but it is true that "Quicken's" bill payment services - originally called "Quicken Bill Pay" and now called "Quicken Bill Manager" - are third-party services not provided directly by Quicken.  You may know that Quicken users have had to transition from the Bill Pay to Bill Manager recently (Quicken Bill Pay will terminate providing such services at the end of August).

Is sounds like you may have been using Quicken Bill Pay and it is likely, that they have - for whatever reason - continued to pay this bill on your behalf.  Here's the phone number for the Quicken Bill Pay Customer Support department - (877) 486-8844.

All that being said, I would strongly suggest that you call your bank back to, in the least, stop all automatic payments being made from your account.  The request that you must have "some sort of ID" to stop payments that are being made from YOUR account is, I believe, outrageous.  You should make sure that you you are talking to someone at a high enough level in that bank and insist that the payments stop immediately.  If its a local bank, or at least one that has a local branch, it might be more effective to visit the bank to make sure that you get satisfaction.

Good luck.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As additional information.... If you intend to continue using Quicken to pay your bills, you should sign up with the new "Quicken Bill Manager".  Here's the information you'll need to do that LINK

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.