Transactions not subtracting from cash balance 401k

CRS4814
CRS4814 Member ✭✭
I just migrated to Quicken for Mac and have been using Quicken windows since the 90s. I got through the conversion process and most seems right but one 401k account does not subtract any of the buy or sell transactions in the history from the cash balance. I even created a dummy transaction to buy using all the available cash and it bought the security without subtracting from the cash balance. My other investment accounts work fine (the amount properly shows the amount subtracted and the cash balance adjusts as expected). for this account, the amount is 0 for every transaction. Not sure what to do, tried playing with every option. There is no where near the level of options with mac I'm seeing compared to the windows version (i miss it)
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi @CRS4814,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your new Q for Mac program.  I am a long-time Windows user, like you.  This may not translate into Mac - but could this be something similar to the "BoughtX" and "SoldX" type of transactions in Q for Windows.  With those investment type transactions (and any with an "X" at the end) there is no effect on the account's cash balance.

Just a thought.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• CRS4814
    CRS4814 Member ✭✭
    Hi Frankx, Thanks for the thought but it doesn't appear those options are available in the QMAC version. It's quite streamlined compared to windows. I will say its growing on me though except for a couple of items such as this. I think its some sort of bug.
  • CRS4814
    CRS4814 Member ✭✭
    I think was it. However, when i opened account options in my version the box and selection for the "no cash transaction" was not there! But, when I set up my paycheck (which was more interesting without the wizard) and added a split for the 401k transfer Quicken popped up a box that indicated the account was not set up for cash transactions and asked if I wanted to change it, which i clicked yes. So now everything appears correct. Thanks!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CRS4814,

Glad it worked out for you.  You are welcome!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.