Resuming Automatic Updates after Manually Updating a Stock Price

Options
A couple of weeks back - while looking at a stock in the "Holdings" view of my brokerage account that I download daily from Schwab - I unintentionally clicked on the "Quote/Price" field of a single stock. Quicken "opened" the field and accepted an unintentional change. I noticed the issue when the total value of my brokerage account in Quicken didn't match the total value of my account per the Schwab web site. A little research determined that the price listed in Quicken for the stock that I had inadvertently edited was the issue. After verifying the correct value directly from my account via the Schwab web site - I corrected the entry.

However - since then, the price of that one stock is no longer updated as part of my daily downloads from Schwab. My hypothesis is that once a value in the "Quote/Price" field has been edited - Quicken no long updates that value with downloaded data. I've been updating the price for that single stock daily to keep holdings within Quicken in sync with my holdings per Schwab - but would like to get back to having the downloaded data update that automatically. Any suggestions?

I've been thinking about manually deleting the affected stock from my Quicken account entirely - in the hopes that it will get added back as a "new holding" with the next download from Schwab. Any thoughts/feedback on whether or not I should give that a stab?

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ... My hypothesis is that once a value in the "Quote/Price" field has been edited - Quicken no long updates that value with downloaded data. I've been updating the price for that single stock daily to keep holdings within Quicken in sync with my holdings per Schwab - but would like to get back to having the downloaded data update that automatically. Any suggestions?

First Check - Edit Security Details and confirm that the security is "Matched with online security"

Second Check - Security list (Ctrl-Y), make sure the security is still checked to download quotes.  

FYI: For what you have offered, the automatic quote update can come from two different sources - Your brokerage, Schwab, based on First check, and Quicken's servers based on ticker symbol and Second check and asking for Download quotes with a one-step update.  It may be that if there are no Schwab transactions, no prices get downloaded from them (their choice).  
This discussion has been closed.