transfer issues from checking to savings on local workstation

When I attempt to transfer money from checking to savings, on my local workstation, the amount I am transferring is deducted from my checking account, but does not show up in my
savings account. I have done the same transaction a couple of days ago and it work fine, but now there is this problem. Thank you.

Best Answers

Answers

• RMB
    RMB Member ✭✭
    I placed a custom one " From Checking to Money Market"
  • RMB
    RMB Member ✭✭
    I did change to Chase Money Market, and that seemed to work but why would it not work if I had Chase Checking?
  • RMB
    RMB Member ✭✭
    When I try to set up a new category within Quicken it forces me to put in my account number ,etc. which I do not want to do. So I go to the advanced set up and try to do it manually. That sets up a brand new Checking account that I don't want. I do not use Quicken for syncing to Chase Bank. For security reasons.
  • RMB
    RMB Member ✭✭
    Oh, I did not know about the [ ] issue. However, it currently has [chase money market] in the category heading. Which I would not think that would still work but it did.
    If I change it to [chase checking], to correct the description, will that then work also?
  • RMB
    RMB Member ✭✭
    When I manually type [Chase Checking Account] in the category heading it does not memories it. It there a way to do that?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just memorize the transaction - CTRL + M

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RMB
    RMB Member ✭✭
    I am missing something I clicked on the category and did CTRL + M and it did not memorize it. What did I do wrong?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to click on the transaction that you just enterred and then click CTRL + M.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RMB
    RMB Member ✭✭
    While in the Checking register I need to put in the savings account in the category heading with brackets. Does not accept [checking account]
  • RMB
    RMB Member ✭✭
    I think I got it . Thanks all for your help!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that's correct - since you'd be trying to transfer from the "Checking" account  to the same "Checking" account - which doesn't make sense - right?

Frankx

• RMB
    RMB Member ✭✭
    right
  • RMB
    RMB Member ✭✭
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.